Date of birth: February 2nd 1959
Marital status: Married / 2 daughters
Contact: 0030 213 0443184 (work) / 0030 6977 788 798 (mobile)
Point-Hub company, CEO, since 2015
Miltos Karoumpas graduated from the superior hospitality and management school at the island of Rhodos, in Greece. He won a scholarship and continued his studies at the school “Center International De Glion” in Switzerland.
He has worked for many years for the Hilton hotel chain, in Geneva, Cyprus and Athens.
He has specialized on the catering industry at the “Montana” educational faculty in Switzerland and worked at the position of “Catering Production Manager” for the Swissair Company.
He held the position of the “Executive Chef” for the multinational company “Gate Gourmet Papadacos Catering” and then he continued working as an executive chef in many well known restaurants and hotels in Athens. At the meantime, he has been a teacher at hospitality and management schools. He has also been a restaurant consultant for many businesses in Greece and abroad (menu creation & planning, restaurant decoration, recipe development and tasting, management of kitchen staff, plating design, inventory creation.
Miltos Karoumpas the last 17 years was working in Greece, for the VIVARTIA group at the position of Director Chef & Research , Development manager. A company with 60000 staff , with 35 ships , 12 hotels , 450 restaurants and 16 food factories !!!
Miltos Karoumpas has written extensively regarding gastronomy and for the past 10 years he is the president of the B.o.D. of the “Hellenic Chef’s Federation”, participating in many gastronomy and cultural events, both in Greece and abroad. He has also participated in many events, organized by governmental offices, like the Hellenic Foreign Trade Board and the Hellenic Tourism Organization, being a member of the “kerasma group”.
He is a member of the ITQI (International Taste & Quality Institute) which is set in Belgium and a certified judge for the Bocuse d’ or and Worldchefs .
Today Miltos Karoumpas is the owner and ceo for Point – Hub company www.point-hub.com
- President in Hellenic Chef Federation
- President in Chefs Club of Greece
- Member of the Jury in ITQI
- Member of the jury in Bocuse d` Or Poland
- Member of the jury in WACS
- Member of the jury in the Tourism awards
- Commissar for Greece in Eurotoques
- Honorary member in culinary Academie de France
- Lecturer in Athens Culinary and hospitality College
- Partner in Culinary private School (recognized by wacs)
- Member in the National tourism committee
- Centre international de Glion, Switzerland
- Culinary Academy of Greece
- Certified Executive Chef
- Certified Auditor for safety management systems ISO 22000 & ISO 19011
- 2 years studies in university in Romania (petrol issues)
Job experience (38 years)
- Hotel Experience
- Νoga Hilton Geneva
- Athens Hilton
- Corfu Hilton
- Nikosia Hilton Cyprus
- Intercontinental Atheneum
- Marriot Ledra hotel
- Lagonissi resort hotel
- Aquis hotel
- Club Mediterrane, corfu island
- Sofitel Hotel
- Catering Experience
- Marriot de Montis Athens (inflight catering )
- Gate Gourmet Zurich (inflight catering )
- Gate Gourmet Athens (inflight catering )
- Olympic Catering Athens (inflight catering )
- Hellenic Catering Thessaloniki (industry food catering)
- Blue water catering (vip reception, event catering)
- Restaurant Experience
- Head Chef for 17 Italian restaurant (la pasteria)
- Aquarium, luxury restaurant
- Oui, music restaurant
- Taboo, vvip restaurant
- Special Experience
- Chef on board for the Prime minister and the President of Hellenic republic for 6 years
Greek: Native language